American Airlines is a major American airline and also known as ‘AA’. Its headquarters is located in Fort Worth, Texas, within the Dallas–Fort Worth metroplex. With almost 6,800 flights per day, American Airlines flies to nearly 350 destinations in more than 50 countries. AA is a founding member of the Oneworld alliance, the third largest airline alliance in the world. It is the world’s largest airline and carries around 200 million passengers annually with an average of more than 500,000 passengers daily. The regional service of the AA is operated by independent and subsidiary carriers under the brand name American Eagle. The airline is known for its premium services and operates out of ten hubs, with Dallas/Fort Worth being its largest. To handle more than 200 million passengers, American has a massive team of nearly 130,000 people. Due to the massive presence in the aviation industry, AA is a part of the S&P 500 index. To provide only best top its customers, American Airlines has really flexible policies. Explore the world via American Airlines Tickets and save your money.
In this blog- read about the “traveling with pets” policy of American Airlines.
Carry on, check or transport pets
Peta can travel with American Airlines as a carry-on, be checked or transported with Cargo. The airline allows pets to travel according to their breed, size, and requirements. There are only a few breed restrictions and passengers can only travel with cats and dogs.
The airline recommends travelers to make an advance request of any requirements or travel changes that may affect them and their pets.
American Airlines doesn’t accept brachycephalic or snub-nosed dogs of any “mix” as checked pets, such as:
- Affenpinscher, American Staffordshire Terrier, Boston Terrier, Boxer (all breeds), Brussels Griffon, Bulldog (all breeds), Cane Corso, Chow Chow, Dogue De Bordeaux, English Toy Spaniel, Japanese Chin and more.
Note – Dogs must be at least 8 weeks old when traveling within the U.S. and Puerto Rico and at least 16 weeks old when traveling into the United States.
The airline doesn’t accept brachycephalic cats of any “mix” as checked pets, such as:
- Burmese, Persian, Himalayan, Exotic Shorthair
Cats should be at least 8 weeks old when traveling within the United States and Puerto Rico.
Note- Book your American Airlines Flights today and get exclusive deals and discounts on each booking.
Which destinations allow travel with pets?
Passengers can travel with a pet on most flights up to 11 hours and 30 minutes or flights to/from:
Within the 48 contiguous United States
- The U.S. and Canada
- Central America
- Puerto Rico
- St. Croix
- St. Thomas
Note- 11 hours and 30 minutes allow time to clear customs at the arrival city.
On American flights, passengers can bring 1 kennel as their carry-on bag if:
- Passenger must pay the carry-on pet charge
- The pet must stay in the kennel and under the seat in front of the passenger entire flight
Kennel guidelines for carry-on pets
- Kennel is big enough for the pet to stand up, turn around and lie down in a natural position (without touching any side or the top of the container)
- Non-collapsible kennels must not exceed the under-seat dimensions of any aircraft
- Soft-sided collapsible kennels can be slightly larger but still small enough to fit under the seat without having to excessively collapse the kennel, have to be secure, padded, made of water-repellent material and have nylon mesh ventilation on 2 or more sides.
Explore the length of the sky with your full family, book tickets through American Reservations now and avail special offers.